Educate As We Regulate
3. Georgia must help citizens start a business and stay in business through compliance by ensuring an “educate as we regulate” regulatory climate.
Georgia is blessed with the finest agricultural, food, fuel and metrology laboratory in the nation located in Tifton. There, seed analysts verify vigor, fuel chemists check flashpoint temperatures for diesel fuel, and yes, the state metrologist even verifies the weight of the Georgia lottery balls. This data and much more is produced daily so that we can fulfill our responsibility to serve Georgia consumers and business owners. We must protect and enhance our technological and educational investments as Georgia’s population grows. Being able to trust an inspection report of a GDA professional that educates as they regulate Makes Life Better for every Georgian.
- Consolidate Licenses – Over the next four years, my goal is to leverage improving technologies to offer consolidated licenses for many of our regulated industries and further streamline online payment transactions.
- Outreach – I will enhance our solid partnership with the UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences to support producer and business certification programs.
- Food Safety – I will continue to lead this number one public health responsibility of GDA. Retail, meat and food manufacturing inspectors must be the best trained and best equipped if their mission is to be accomplished.
- GATE – The compliance and education service related to the GATE (Georgia Agriculture Tax Exemption) Card administration remains a top priority.